Whether you are an owner or tenant, the house is your place where you can live happily without any inconvenience and worry. To be the happy owner of your house you need to make an ideal choice from the very beginning.
Because the relationship between you and the real estate agent will be long and ongoing, you must choose the best real estate agent and evaluate him or her by asking related questions.
Let look at the things you need to do:
Here are some facts about real estate to help you learn more
- The survey examined renters’ opinions of the state of the private rental sector (PRS) in Australia and questioned them about the number of homes they have lived in, the terms of their lease, the condition of the property, their relationship with their landlords, and affordability.
- About 30% of Australians rent; 26% of residents households in the private rental sector (PRS).
- The most common age group for private renters is 25-34 (moderately over 30% of renters ) with just under 10% of 55-64 and 65+ age groups renting privately.
- One survey declares that the state of the private rental sector (PRS)in Australia through research of 2016 census details of 3183 Australian private renters.
- 71% in the PRS rent through a real estate agent.
- More than half of those renting through real estate sourced through their property online while 48% renting through a private arrangement found their property through a relative or friend.
First of all, find the right real estate agent from potential agents
Although you can find many real estate agents in Australia, it is important to choose the right one. Shortlist the agents by evaluating their references, reviews, portfolio, experience, location, and insurance.
These attributes will make you feel confident about working with the potential agent and should help you to judge their professionalism. Some possible attributes to consider are:
- Detail orientated
- A positive attitude
As a homeowner, you need to find a trustworthy property manager. Here are a few questions you need to ask a real estate manager during an interview, which will enable you to find the right one;
Q 1: What is the core value of your company?
Q 2: Who will be looking after my property and how much experience they have?
Q 3: What are your services to your customers?
Q 4: What areas real estate Agency cover?
Q 5: How many properties are you handling currently?
6: How do you screen tenants?
Q 7: How do you determine the cost of the property? What is the full cost of management?
Q 8: How often do you hold routine inspections?
Q 9: What are your maintenance procedures?
Q 10: Observe if the property manager provides you with a written proposal?
Q 11: What do you do if a tenant stops paying rent?
Q 12: Do you offer an eviction warranty?
Q 13: Do I have control over the lease agreement with the tenant?
Q 14: Do you offer flexible rental payments?
Q 15: When should I expect your reply if I contact you?
Q 16: Will I get an update on my properties?
Q 17: How long are your properties typically vacant?
Q 18: What method do you use to attract potential tenants?
These are some of the questions you can ask the agents before you rent your property. You Can also ask as many questions which pop up in your mind.
The following questions will hopefully help you find the right property manager for you and your rental property. You can ask more if you have additional doubts and queries about doing so.
Remember your property is a valuable asset that deserves protection. Do everything you can to locate the right tenant.